Ruined My Life

Thursday, September 07, 2006

People are so Fucking Stupid

I was once told that the difference between memoir and fiction is that memoir is 51% true.

This whole James Frey thing won't die. Why are people upset? He wrote a work of literature, used some real stuff, upgraded in other areas to tell a better story, and wrote a book that people liked. Now, because it wasn't 100% true (which I thought was the realm of biography, which is still revisionist history) people are like "I want to gouge my eyes out for enjoying that book." They're going to offer refunds.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/books/09/07/authorlies.settlement.ap/index.html

People are so fucking dumb. I am going to start blaming Generation Y and their Baby Boomer parents for everything, including this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites