Ruined My Life

Friday, February 02, 2007

Not Everything Should be About 9/11

I, like many Americans, watched in horror on 9/11. Thanks to television, we got to see if all unfold live. However, I want to now say we need to move on, even if just a little tiny bit. Not everything is about 9/11. 9/11 has created a sense of paranoia in this country that has allowed everyone to overreact about everything.

In response to the Aqua Teen Hunger Force fiasco, one of Boston's city fathers said...

"Just a little over a mile away from the placement of the first device, a group of terrorists boarded airplanes and launched an attack on New York City," police Commissioner Edward Davis said in an interview with The Associated Press

Does that mean if we discovered the 9/11 hijackers had breakfast at a particular Denny's that we could overreact to everything because only a mile away, the 9/11 hijackers had breakfast just a week before they borded planes...?? I mean, come on! Use some fucking common sense, check Google, and get your dignity back. I said the other day that Boston was officially the dumbest city in America. I can't believe they are proving me right so easily!

Now that it's nearly six years later, I vote that unless you lost a close, immediate relative (spouse, parent, sibling, grandparent) that you can no longer use 9/11 as an excuse to: 1) suspend rights, 2) act stupid, 3) pass a law.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites