Ruined My Life

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Laziness abounds

Wow, I must be the laziest person on the face of the Earth ever. Well, maybe not THAT bad, but pretty bad. It's been nearly a month since I've posted anything and it seems the last month has given me a bit to say. I've had some interesting travels (Washington D.C. and Columbus, OH in particular). I've bought a new house with my new bride. I've lost weight, put on weight, moved my office, eaten interesting foods and been busy.

That being said, it seems that all I ever do anymore is watch TV and play videogames. I have a pile of New Yorkers piling up. I think I'm five or six behind now and they keep arriving in the mail on a weekly basis. Plus, I have a brand new McSweeney's Quarterly to read AND I still haven't gotten through the summer issue of 'The Believer.'

I have been trying to read a bit lately. Currently I'm reading Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. It's ok... The stories within the larger novel are interesting and well written but the arc that ties them together is lacking something. Maybe it's that I really could care less about each and every one of the characters. I don't know.

I'm also (on Flickr) trying to figure out a mobile photo essay type thing. I think when I start going on the road I will use my nifty camera phone to send pics back and compile them somehow. Of course it would help if I could actually write HTML or understood how to set this damn blog up. It would allow me to include the stereotypical "what I'm reading" and "what I'm listening to" columns. The problem is that my CD player changes on a constant basis. What really concerns me is that at lunch I went out and tried to fire up the Sirius Satellite radio and got no response. Oh the humanity! It better not be broken...

1 Comments:

  • Feeling lonely? Hook up with Real Singles now for $4.99 to connect, and only $0.99 a min. A true match is only a phone call away. Give it a try 1-800-211-9293.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add to Technorati Favorites